TechSpot

PAL to NTSC

By gale
Apr 7, 2006
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I have a DVD in PAL format. I read that using DVD Decryptor that I could change the format to NTSC. Any help. Thanks.
  2. Peddant

Peddant TS Rookie Posts: 1,644

This thread discusses the subject to death and beyond - http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/1/88644

Choice quote -

"With the great information I got from this forum I was able to successfully convert a PAL DVD to a NTSC DVD on my first attempt.

I used:

(1) DVDFab Decrypter
    (2) VobBlanker
    (3) IFOEDIT
    (4) DVD Shrink

The quality of my final NTSC DVD is so good that I can't tell it from the PAL original.

Thanks to all of you folks for your expert knowledge and tips on getting the job done.

I only problem I really had was that DVD Shrink kept telling me that my empty DVD didn't have enough space to burn my end product. I do have Nero 6.xx installed. I used other burn software.

I liked how DVD Shrink allows you to remove all the foreign languages to allow me to used a 4.7GB DVD instead of a much more expensive 8.5GB DVD."
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.