Paragon's Non-Working Boot Menu

Status
Not open for further replies.

JustJay420

I installed Paragon Hard Disk Manager 8 to get rid of a Kubuntu partition and in the process I enabled the boot menu feature (what a mistake). Now I have a recovery OS of Vista that I boot from but before I even get to that screen I am bothered by the boot menu that doesn't load Vista. I keep getting a 15 second timer that keeps starting over. I end up loading the 2nd option which is the recovery which takes me to Windows Boot Menu where I select the Vista (recovery) option to boot. Any help fixing this?

I've already tried deactivating the boot menu feature inside Paragon's software and uninstalling the entire software, this menu still loads with my PC

Either run a repair installation with your Vista DVD or boot into the Recovery Console and run a fixboot along with a fixmbr.

no that will not wipe out the whole hard drive the only way to do that is to format and reinstall the OS, and u are not doing that.

Okay, I said that because I've read other stories about the removing of Kubuntu and when they do fixmbr they end up losing everything. Should I do a backup before trying this?

The Linux boot loader should be GRUB and the config parms might be /root or
/etc/boot /etc/grub

find the parms and save them on your C:\ (You did make a mount point and fstab entry for your windows, didn't you?)

Running FIXMBR will solidify booting Windows by over writing the boot table.
Linux is just fine, but there would be no means to boot into it.
So then update the new MBR with the Grub config you saved

I dont even know what a mount point or an fstab entry is. All I did was insert the Kubuntu disc in and rebooted to install it. Then when I wanted to remove it I used Paragon's software and deleted both the Linux partitions. And now Im stuck with the Paragon Boot menu that leads me to the Windows Boot Menu which asks me to choose between the Hp Recovery or my Vista OS which has (recovery) at the end of the name. The other OS isnt in the selection so Im guessing its no longer installed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back