Paranoid. What do you guys think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

I am getting a lot of intermittent hard drive activity during idle. Could be just me. Ran spybot, adaware, and now Hijack. Just wondering how this log looks to you guys. Thanks in advance.

If your concerned that someone(thing) is accessing your HD while your idle bring up a command window (start-->run; type "cmd" then enter) and then run the command "netstat". that will give you a list of the ports that are open to your machine. If you have things like messenger, browsers steam etc running this can account for some of the connection. Try closing all web applications and observing what still has open ports. to be honest id recon its just normal windows activity (downloading updates etc) that's making your HD tick in idle, but worth checking it out, althou the log file does not look suspect.

just looked at your log again, and i see that you are running both norton and zonealarm, this will slow your pc a lot. you have the av running an two firewalls running. norton itself is a resource hog

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Your HJT log is clean.

The fact you`re running two firewalls is not a good idea and can cause conflicts.. Personally, I recommend you keep Zonealarm, get rid of Symantec/norton altogether and get either the free AVG or Avast antivirus programmes. However, if you choose to keep Norton, then get rid of zonealarm.

As has already been said, Symantec/Norton is a resource hog. In addition to that, I don`t think it`s particularly good at killing viruses either.

If you have any problems in uninstalling Symantec/Norton, see this thread HERE.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back