Partially dead Soundblaster Audigy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phr3d

Hi all,

I have 2 Audigy Platinums that when used on an abit bh6 or VA6 cannot be installed because the Creative CD says there is no Soundblaster present. One of them is also not recognised on my BX133. Both cards function, when the drivers are forced in Device manager, but obviously I cannot use the couple pieces of SB software that I want.

I have installed the software on the BX133 with an "acceptable" Audigy Platinum, replace the card with one of the two that have problems, and get errors only with the EAX software.

The Diagnostics report wave failure in the worst of the two cards, and midi/soundfont failure in the other.

I repeat, bith cards function fine (Wave failure?)

I have been reading for the last four hours and can find no reference to this, other than the XP problems.

Add'l info Retail SB 090 Audigy cards. BX133 is WinME, BH6/VA6 are Win98SE.

The biggest problem is the fact that the Software does not recognise them as SB cards. I feel like if I could get past that one, the others would probably be solved as well.

Is there a component on a Retail card that sets it apart from the non-gold oem variants that is prone to fail?

-- waiting with little remaining hair left to pull out --

Have you tried going to Creative and downloading drivers for the cards from there. If you somehow got the wrong disc, you might have the wrong drivers for the version of the card you have. Creative's support page will help you with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back