Partioned C:/D: drives can they be joined?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I have a computer that only has one hardrive installed in it but windows XP explorer shows a C: and a D: drive now I'm not worried about the data in d: drive but would like to know if there is any way to combine the to drives without losing any information in c: as this holds the operating system??

when I try to write a cd it comes up with an error of not enough space on c: to complete action I have cleared off as much as I can but ahve just run out of room yet d: is empty

Partition Magic will do the job, but costs. You could try moving the swapfile to D:. This will create quite a bit more free space.

Depending on the Software you use for writing CD etc, there will be a temporary file which is used to transfer Data for writing .Change the location of that temp file to a file on the D:\ drive (you can create this file if you need to).You should also find a location for the Buffer , it can be relocated also (in Nero anyway). I move all Temp files off of the Partition that has Windows installed.I would not join the Partitions together, Windows works better the more seperated it is from these types of operations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back