TechSpot

Partition issues

By Dognapper0
Sep 1, 2010
Post New Reply
  1. I had a Ubuntu Partition on my hardrive, but now I use a different disk for that.
    So, I thought I would create a continuous partition for my windows. I tried to delete the partition and it sort of wiped it, but doesn't turn it into free space like I thought it would. Whenever I try to format or delete the odd partition, I get an error message "There is not enough space available on the disk(s) to complete this opperation."

I don't know what to do next.
    Help.

2. ruready2

ruready2 TS Enthusiast Posts: 202

What software are you using? Probably what you will need to do is re-size the primary partition. When you deleted the "odd" partition it became unallocated space. If I am reading your post correctly you are wanting only one partition.

3. Dognapper0

Dognapper0 TS Rookie Topic Starter

I was using the Windows disk manager. (Notice the past tense.)
    I discovered a small recovery partition that Ubuntu normally creates. I was wary to remove this because it was lable recovery. (The fact that I had two recovery partitions tipped me off. I deleted this partition (3.34Gb). Then I had enough to actually remove the larger (76.25Gb) partition, letting me extend my Windows partition (200.41Gb) to it's orriginal size (280.00Gb).
    All is well. No thanks to you. :p Really, I just troubleshot myself in the foot at first.

4. Leeky

Leeky TS Evangelist Posts: 3,797   +116

Ubuntu (or any Linux) doesn't create a "recovery" partition, that is usually something related to OEM manufacturers making a "recovery OS" partition to help users install Windows on their computer.

5. lpmjames

lpmjames TS Rookie Posts: 148

EASUS ... all my partition needs are met with this.. no errors...... its lite and easy (like my ex...)
    try it next time..

6. ravisunny2

ravisunny2 TS Ambassador Posts: 1,980   +11

7. lpmjames

lpmjames TS Rookie Posts: 148

EASEUS* ... sorry!!!

8. ruready2

ruready2 TS Enthusiast Posts: 202

As recommended by the others, Easeus is the way to go imho.

@ ravisunny2 Thanks for posting the link for the Giveaway of the day. I had no idea Easeus done such things. This is great.

While probably initiated by your sense of humor, I fail to see how such comments are either warranted or even necessary.