Partition Missing

TearsInHvn

Hello all...

I have a puzzling question for you. I have a 500GB HD and I partitioned it. I had it this way for about 4 yrs. Everything was cool. I ran a windows update and my computer crashed. It wouldn't start. I used my windows CD to repair it. Got it started, was online for about 5 minutes when I noticed my partition was missing, computer shut down on me. My friend helped me and now it's u/r and staying online. BUT... My partition is missing. It's not even in disk management. I can only see 232GB of my drive. Any idea's?? I have some really important files on it.

You *MUST* have a partition, so you need a partition edit - recovery tool.

Can you post a screen shot of your disc management window...the full window?

Just so you know, I do not have 3 DVD's. I only have 2. But NONE of these are accessible. They all say please insert disc when I go to click on them.

Hi what do you see in system information? Are you sure your friend didn't replace your Hard Drive?
Capture25.JPG

OK... I did a little research and opened my tower. It's the same HD but I'm wrong about the size. So I'm seeing the correct size, but the partition is gone and all my files. How can that be?

OK... I did a little research and opened my tower. It's the same HD but I'm wrong about the size. So I'm seeing the correct size, but the partition is gone and all my files. How can that be?
You only have one partition on that drive. When you reinstalled Windows; you probably formatted the drive, and what ever was on that drive is gone. There's a program called Recuva, but I doubt if it could recovery the data.
Here's link for Recuva. Good luck.
https://www.ccleaner.com/recuva

Nope... not kidding you.... So I'm about to give up on this. I decides to plug in my external. My external says 500gb ON IT. I plugged it in... Check it out now... smokin.jpg

Hi IDK! I don't see a 500GB external Drive. I see 3 partitions showing used and free space, and 3 DVD drives. Does your 500GB external show up in Disk Management.
I really don't know what your asking or trying to tell me. What do you want to know? Do you have saved data on your external drive?

I'm assuming this is a Dekstop (tower) PC. If so can you pull the side panel off and take a picture of the inside, specifically showing your HDD cage (area). While you have it open check to make sure all your HDD cables are connected and fully seated.

Back