password override in xp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,
I have WinXp SP1 OS. I tried to change the user password lately but I might have typed some double letter or wrong key somewhere and I can't figure it out. Is there any way to override the password? Thanks.

Aster

Are you saying that yu have no access to the OS at all, not even an administrator password ?

Seems the old adage of 2 sets of car keys is true here .....

Oh well you can google on this subject as there are about 3 methods but the easiest is to use is this one , its a bit tricky to make the disk but it works everytime...

Regards

If you have Windows XP Home Edition and haven't set the Administrator password (very few do that on Home Edition) you can boot inte safe mode and login as Administrator and then reset the password on your user account.

If you have Windows XP Professional and is not running as the original administrator account, try logging in to that account if you can remember the password you set during install (it might be empty). You might have to disable the Windows XP 'Welcome screen' and enable the classic login screen to be able to login as administrator. This can be done in Control Panel, User accounts.

/kollo23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back