Pavilion ze5000 screen problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

chips2481

I have a laptop that I am trying to repair for my friend. I have opened it up and reseated all the connections for the screen including the one on the lcd. The laptop has been hooked up to a computer monitor and it looked normal. Do you have any idea what part I will need to fix this problem?

Attachments

• IMG_0016.JPG
    IMG_0016.JPG
    74.2 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_0015.JPG
    IMG_0015.JPG
    79.7 KB · Views: 12
hmmm... it does look like a dead-pixel...
but the number of pixels that shows up are large...
perhaps those pixels are stuck???

use this program to check how many more pixels were affected:
http://www.dps.uk.com/download.php?file=4

frankly i don't know exactly what happen cause i nvr see such problem before...
anyway welcome to techspot :)

it might be the cable to the lcd or the graphics card itself. I had similar issues with different Dell laptop models. external screen works fine but the lcd looks crazy. does it change - even if its just for a second - if you move the lid? sometimes it can be just a connector which is not plugged in 100%.
but I don't think its faulty pixels...

regards, mscrx

Sorry I got the notification for this thread sent to my bulk mail. I have tested the lcd on another laptop and it worked fine. The lcd cable plugs right into the motherboard so there isn't a video card. I see one small wire on the cable that is frayed on the part that connects to the motherboard. I am going to buy a new cable and hope that works. Thanks for the help anyways

Yeah, the frayed cable might be the cause. As for the video card - there is actually no video card but there is a video chip on the mobo which usually is also called a video card.
good luck and hopefully the cable will fix your problem!
mscrx

Your LCD screen is cracked and/or broken. It will require replacement. You can buy LCD replacement kits online or you can get it repaired at a shop. Some makers warrant the LCDs also.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back