PC and laptop connection possibilities

Status
Not open for further replies.

Minus

Hello,

First, I would like to thank in advance any responses I get to this thread. I have recently gotten a Gateway laptop computer for the purposes of college. The video card is an on-board set and does not perform well for gaming purposes, while all the other systems specs are fine. I do, however, have a PC with a far superior, off-board, card.

I have done a little bit of research about possibilities of connecting the two systems directly, but have only found how to transfer data between the two. This is not really what I'm interested in doing, however.

My question is this: is it at all possible to use my PC tower (hard drive, video card, CPU, etc.) and hook it up to my laptop so that the laptop is literally just functioning as the monitor? If so, what steps to I need to take? Cables I need to buy? Any restrictions which go along with this?

All I really want to do is continue using my PC in my dorm for gaming purposes without having to lug my monitor, speakers, keyboard, and mouse separately, since I will be using my laptop primarily for school purposes anyway. I really just want to be able to use the laptop as strictly a monitor and keyboard for my PC parts. Is this at all possible?

Any information you could give me would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Minus

It is possible if you really know your electronics and computers, but you are asking for trouble, and will probably get it before long. You could permanently harm your gateway lcd screen.
Use your Gateway for college work, and your desk top for games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back