PC Continuously reboots

Status
Not open for further replies.

raebabe

I have a Gateway 3600 that will go as far as the Windows screen but rather than going to the logon screen it will reboot itself. I have swapped out the memory card and tried both in a different slot. I re-seated the CPU and I swapped out the power supply. None of these things have done bit of good. Anyone have any other troubleshooting ideas?

The reason your system is rebooting is probably because Windows is blue screening. It might be too fast for your to catch though, since XP automatically restarts sometimes.

This could just be a software problem, but I'd look for another cause like memory or hard disk.

I forgot to mention in my last post that yes I had tried a system restore, booted in safe mode, and tried a last known good configuration. None of that helped me very much.

I ended up reloading the system just because the user was expecting I would have to and it had been a long while since it had been reloaded so it probably need a fresh start and some extra space. Thank you very much though; I will definatly have to remember that tid-bit about XP (we are still using 2000 on our network but will be switching soon and the more information I know about it the better off I will be when my users call).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back