PC continuously restarts after malware issue

My computer is stuck in a loop when I power it on. It shows the Acer bootsplash, beeps, and restarts from the beginning. I can enter BIOS setup and boot options but not safe mode or anything else.

I had not used my PC for 2-3 days because multiple iexplore.exe instances were spawning. I did a bit of research about this on my laptop, but when I tried to tackle the issue today, this happened. Just a couple of days ago, my PC was booting up just fine. Is this a hardware issue? Did the malware damage my PC hardware?

Well seeing it was malware. I would lean toward your OS is corrupt. I would first try a Factory reinstall. If this does not work. Then it may very well be a hardware problem.

Thank you. I started the factory reinstall, but it seems like got out of one hole and into another. The PC now boots properly but the startup installation is stuck at "installing Microsoft Office".

Try restarting the factory reinstall. If this does not work. It could be your restore partition has been corrupted from the malware.. If this is the case you will need to order recovery disk.

Back