PC crashes when playing game/using graphics card intensive software

By Demian
May 8, 2015
Post New Reply
  1. So, I was playing a game (Dying light) and all of a sudden my screen goes black and about 5 seconds later audio stops. This has never happen before and now it won't stop happening. Whenever I play any game or bench mark soft ware my pc goes trough this process of crashing.

Mobo: Asrock Z97 Extreme6
    Gpu: Gigabyte geforce GTX 970 windforce
    Cpu: i7-4790k
    Ram: 4x4 gig Redline Munchkin
    Psu: Corsair CX750M

The setup as descibed has worked without any form of problem whatsoever. Also I played dying light some 5 hours before it crashed.
    Any sort of help is welcome.
  2. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 17,233   +234

Blue Screens? If so, go to C:\windows\minidump and select all the .dmp files. Right-click sending the files to a compressed(zipped)folder. Upload this folder as a file here...
  3. Demian

Demian TS Rookie Topic Starter

No unfortunately not it just goes black and thats it pretty much after restarting windows does not display a massage like "winfdows encounterd aproblem and had to shut down. Also I don't get the option to go into seva mode when starting up. I had kinda hoped it was did at least one of these things as that would give me some idea of whats going wrong.
  4. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 17,233   +234

Pull the video card out and make sure it is clean and free of dust. Check its fan for good, smooth rotation