PC crashing

Hi everyone,

My partner bought a pre built before she met me however I have notice it has a common problem of crashing while playing games such as borderlands 3, sometimes overwatch, and when she streams. I have put it down to over heating however I would like more insight into this and to see other peoples opinion on this. it does have warranty on it however would still like some more onions on this

Link to the pc : https://www.scan.co.uk/products/sca...-8gb-evga-rtx-3070-1tb-m2-ssd-win-10-see-info

For those who dont trust the link

pc specs are -
Cpu : AMD Ryzen 7 5800x
cooler : Seems to be an off brand artic cooler ( ment to be a be quite cooler)
Ram : 16GB of Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHz DDR4
GPU : RTX 3070
motherboard : ASUS PRIME B450M-A II
psu : I belive it is a corsair 550 W

thanks,
brad

Are you getting like a blue screen or error when crashing? Or is just closing the game? Make sure you have the latest gpu drivers installed and I would run a memory test. Something similar happened to me and it was one ram stick that came bad.

I agree with Dwight Schrute, it's probably RAM issues. I had so many problems with Corsair RAM and Ryzen builds that I stopped building with that RAM. There is a guy over on the Gigabyte forums that swears that if you adjust the timings manually on Corsair RAM that is all you have to do to fix it:

Direct excerpt from his post helping someone else:

Another thing you can try is to go into the bios and manually set the tRC timing to 56. The LPX kits tend to set the tRC a bit too aggressively. Manually setting it to 56 quite often resolves the issues

Hope this helps!

The computer goes to the blue error screen. The gpu has the latest drivers installed. So as you saying it could be the ram. How would I be able to run a memory test ?? Never had to do it before

Thanks,
brad
Are you getting like a blue screen or error when crashing? Or is just closing the game? Make sure you have the latest gpu drivers installed and I would run a memory test. Something similar happened to me and it was one ram stick that came bad.

The computer goes to the blue error screen. The gpu has the latest drivers installed. So as you saying it could be the ram. How would I be able to run a memory test ?? Never had to do it before

Thanks,
brad
If you can provide the the error in the bottom left of the blue screen that would help.

You can run a memory test within Windows. Just click on start and type Windows Memory Diagnostic and click Restart now and check for problems.

Or you can download Memtest86 but you will need a USB and load it up as a bootable image to test it.

Additionally, if you feel comfortable. Pull out one ram stick at a time and test it out. If you notice you get no error with that ram stick out, that is your problem child. Hope that helps dude!

Back