TechSpot

PC Gaming Advice

By Matt Maltese
Jul 24, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Hello,
    I'm not 100% sure if I'm posting this in the correct forum spot but I'll give it a go here anyway. I'm looking into buying a good gaming PC that can run League of Legends, Steam games, and stuff like that. The main game I play is League of Legends and I at least would like it to run at max for that game. If anyone could help me that would be great.

2. JC713

JC713 TS Evangelist Posts: 7,058   +918

What is your budget? Also, what resolution will you be gaming at?

3. Matt Maltese

Matt Maltese TS Rookie Topic Starter

I'm looking at around $1000 and to be honest, I'm not sure what resolution.

4. Blkfx1

Blkfx1 TS Addict Posts: 892   +172

$1,000 is a good budget for a decent gaming PC. I'm sure JC713 will hook you up. But, do you already have any peripherals? Such as: Monitor,Keyboard,Mouse, etc...

Also, will you need to buy an OS in addition to the rest of the parts. Things like peripherals and OS can really eat up a budget as they are necessary for operation.

JC713 likes this.
  5. Route44

Route44 TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 12,168   +37

League is really not that demanding of hardware. My daughter runs it quite fine on her 2+ year old Thinkpad Edge laptop with an AMD X2 Athalon cpu and onboard graphics.

What would help us more is if you could tell us the type of Steam games you want to play. PC games for the most part are more demanding of the gpu.

6. JC713

JC713 TS Evangelist Posts: 7,058   +918

Yeah, it is not demanding at all.

This is what I would recommend:
    CPU: AMD FX-6350
    Motherboard: ASUS M5A97 R2.0
    CPU Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo
    RAM: 2x4GB Corsair Vengeance
    SSD: OCZ Vertex 450 128GB
    HDD: 1TB Caviar Black
    GPU: EVGA GTX 760
    PSU: Corsair TX650
    Case: Corsair 200R

That brings you to less than $1000. I can cut back on some things, but this is the ultimate build that can play any game at high settings.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.