TechSpot

PC hangs at hp splash screen

By xArcaine58x
May 5, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Hi guys.
    Yesterday, when my computer froze, I had to unplug the computer. Suddenly, when I turn on my computer, the pc hangs on the hp splash screen. I tried pressing f10 for setup, nothing happened. Insert a cd into the disc drive, nothing happened. Whenever I unplugged my Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 500 Gigabytes, it could pass the splash screen. But, when I plug the hard drive back in, I could hear the drive spinning normally. Originally I thought the hard drive was dead, but I'm not sure. I bought my pc back in 2008. Can anyone help me?

2. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 20,926   +167

The hard drive is either corrupt or bad. You could try re-installing Windows to find out for sure

3. terry5880

terry5880 TS Enthusiast Posts: 527

Have u changed ur boot at any time 1 if u can go to boot and makesure its on hdd..2 have u got maleware bytes as I found when I had it installed last year it was freezing my pc on splash screen I uninstalled and it was fine.. then if not try what magic said .. hope any of this helps

4. xArcaine58x

xArcaine58x TS Rookie Topic Starter

How can I do that if I can't boot into windows? It hangs there no matter what.

5. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 20,926   +167

Replace the hard drive...

6. xArcaine58x

xArcaine58x TS Rookie Topic Starter

I have another question. I have another external hard drive that I opened and it was a sata drive. But after the pc passes the splash screen, it reports that the hard drive is corrupt. When I connect it by usb then it doesn't show anything. Help?

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.