PC hangs at hp splash screen

Hi guys.
Yesterday, when my computer froze, I had to unplug the computer. Suddenly, when I turn on my computer, the pc hangs on the hp splash screen. I tried pressing f10 for setup, nothing happened. Insert a cd into the disc drive, nothing happened. Whenever I unplugged my Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 500 Gigabytes, it could pass the splash screen. But, when I plug the hard drive back in, I could hear the drive spinning normally. Originally I thought the hard drive was dead, but I'm not sure. I bought my pc back in 2008. Can anyone help me?

The hard drive is either corrupt or bad. You could try re-installing Windows to find out for sure

Have u changed ur boot at any time 1 if u can go to boot and makesure its on hdd..2 have u got maleware bytes as I found when I had it installed last year it was freezing my pc on splash screen I uninstalled and it was fine.. then if not try what magic said .. hope any of this helps

Have u changed ur boot at any time 1 if u can go to boot and makesure its on hdd..2 have u got maleware bytes as I found when I had it installed last year it was freezing my pc on splash screen I uninstalled and it was fine.. then if not try what magic said .. hope any of this helps
How can I do that if I can't boot into windows? It hangs there no matter what.

Replace the hard drive...
I have another question. I have another external hard drive that I opened and it was a sata drive. But after the pc passes the splash screen, it reports that the hard drive is corrupt. When I connect it by usb then it doesn't show anything. Help?

Back