TechSpot

PC hangs

By jassy
Jun 5, 2006
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. My computer hangs up after a few minutes of using. I already formatted my HDD and installed fresh OS (Win XP) but after few minutes still it hangs up. Sometimes when I tried to power on my PC I can hear the beep sound, sometimes a voice message saying "CPU dropped". I badly need your help.What happen to this?
  2. wolfram

wolfram TechSpot Paladin Posts: 2,605   +9

That could be caused by overheating. Check the CPU and motherboard temps and post them if you can. :hotbounce
  3. jassy

jassy TS Rookie Topic Starter

may i ask how to check the temp.sorry i dont have any idea on how.pls help me.thanks
  4. wolfram

5. jassy

thanks..ill try that then ill let you know how it was...
  6. wolfram

Good luck, and let us know what happened... :hotbounce :wave: :grinthumb
  7. jassy

i tried that and the temp is okay but still i encounter the same problem...what will i do now???pls help me :-(
  8. es84

es84 TS Rookie Posts: 65

Hi
    U need to check few things for me ,
    1. When is the system freezing , on a particulr software or a game .
    2. Hard ware sspecs for the system and how much RAM is installed on the system
    **** This can be a hardware issue or an issue with windows , first lets isolate it before we jump to conclusions
    Check for error in windows, how is the system freezing , is it giving an error message , is it happening when the system is on net .
    Incase of hardware this can be a number of components , let me know all this we can fix this . It is good that the system is unning at normal temp , reformatting hard drive does not mean that the issue is not with windows , it can be a program u instaled that is running in the background in windows .
    3. Is the system running normally other wise or is it running slow
    This issue wil take time ttoo fix , u can PM me as well
  9. wolfram

What are the temps under heavy load (gaming) and idle?
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.