PC keeps rebooting when trying to play certain games or during those games

squashy

I recently installed a new graphics card on my old Acer predator pre buit pc that had a geforce gtx 745 in it that I replaced with a geforce gtx 1070.
In some games I play such as: hitman 2 and sekiro they work just fine.
when I try to play plague tale: innocence, it reboots every time I try to boot up the game.

my specs (from speccy)
Operating System
Windows 10 Home 64-bit
CPU
Intel Core i5 4440 @ 3.10GHz
Haswell 22nm Technology
RAM
10.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 665MHz (9-9-9-24)
Motherboard
Acer Predator G3-605 (LGA1150)
Graphics
DELL E2414H (1920x1080@60Hz)
4095MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 (NVIDIA)
Storage
931GB Seagate ST1000DM003-1CH162 (SATA )
Optical Drives
MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ8E0

I know next to nothing when it comes to pcs so forgive me if I havent provided enough information.
I tried cleaning and uninstalling my previous driver, rebooting and installing the latest driver: didnt work

I tried taking out the 2gb ram stick that the pc repair guy installed when he installed my graphics card: didnt work.

someone help me please.

Yeah, sounds like a power supply issue but...

"4095MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 (NVIDIA)"

Uhm, the GTX 1070 is supposed to have 8GB of RAM. Is that GTX 1070 new or used ? Where did you buy it ?

Well that looks OK.

Is the PC just restarting itself or can you maybe see a blue screen just before the restart happens ? To be sure, go to C:\Windows\Minidump folder (it will ask for permission) and check if there are any files there.

What's the brand/model of your PSU ?

Heres a picture of my psu

I dont have a minidump folder in C:\Windows

my computer basically just turns off without warnin. no blue screen or anything, then just turns itself back on
IMG_2247.JPG

OK then, no folder, no files.

The PSU isn't bad per se, and it should have enough power to sustain your PC. It does however have it's 12V line split into 3 rails. Maybe the one with the graphics card gets overloaded... that's just me thinking out loud, I'm not sure.

Next step for me would be to try a different PSU, preferably with a single 12V rail. I'm guessing that's not something you can do, right ?

Do you still have your old GTX 745 ?

OK then, no folder, no files.

The PSU isn't bad per se, and it should have enough power to sustain your PC. It does however have it's 12V line split into 3 rails. Maybe the one with the graphics card gets overloaded... that's just me thinking out loud, I'm not sure.

Next step for me would be to try a different PSU, preferably with a single 12V rail. I'm guessing that's not something you can do, right ?

Do you still have your old GTX 745 ?
I do not

and if the psu is the problem, which several people on other forums tell me it is
then ill buy a new 650w. I just want to make sure that theres no other solution before I make the purchase cause money is tight.

I do not

and if the psu is the problem, which several people on other forums tell me it is
then ill buy a new 650w. I just want to make sure that theres no other solution before I make the purchase cause money is tight.

There's no way of knowing definitely that the PSU you have is the problem. Like I said, you'd need to test your PC with another, reliable (used in other similar or more demanding build without a problem) power supply to be sure.

You could also try to test your GPU in a friends PC to see how it behaves. You'd at least be sure that the card isn't the issue.

Were you able to play Plague Tale: Innocence back when you had the GTX 745 ?
I got plague tale innocence after the graphics card change. and its not confined to plague tale. it happened to me in total war warhammer 2 and squad so I know its not a problem with the games.

Back