PC never turns ON

By santo
Jul 6, 2006
  1. Hi All,

I am using a compaq EVO N600C, the PC just starts then when it tries to access the harddisk (i guess when it tries to boot), it just re-starts and this keeps on happening. Nothing appears on the screen......i checked the RAM to see if it has come out of its slot but it looks fine, so i am not sure what the problem is. Can anyone help me on this.

I have Win XP Pro installed on my laptop with 512MB + 256MB RAM.

2. Tedster

Tedster Techspot old timer..... Posts: 6,000   +15

if it is a laptop - replace the battery. It's not holding a charge.
  3. santo

santo TS Rookie Topic Starter

But i have connected it using the power cord, do u think still battery could be the problem
  4. gmuser2006

gmuser2006 TS Rookie Posts: 37

Keep the power cord plugged in but remove the battery and give that a try. When a battery goes bad it can stop the laptop from booting up.
  5. korrupt

korrupt TS Rookie Posts: 716

keep in mind though, sometimes it wont work even with battery removed if you have it plugged into power

6. santo

santo TS Rookie Topic Starter

Thanks guys, i removed the battery and connected it directly to power cord and it worked!!!!!!

Thanks again!!!!
  7. #Curtis

#Curtis TS Rookie Posts: 66

If it was the battery, and you use out outside the house, i suggest you look into purchasing a new battery, check out the compaq support page for more information, but be warned, batterys can be quite costly.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.