PC Not Regocnising WebCam or OnBoard Microphone

RoseThorne

Hello,
I have a Dell Monitor SX2210 - the onboard mic used to work.

However today the onboard monitor and camera aren't working. They aren't showing up in devices either and when I try to test using 'talk to cortana' it can't hear me. PC is running Windows10.

When running Adobe AUdition is can record sounds that are playing through the pc... ie I play a track in itunes and press record in Audition and it will record that... it just can't hearme!

Additionally, having tried to plug in a usb mic to see if that would be recognised - it wasn't and still wouldn't let me 'talk to cortana' or feed sound into Audition. upload_2018-7-23_23-38-5.png upload_2018-7-23_23-41-49.png

Any ideas?

Thanks
Rose
upload_2018-7-23_23-38-5.png
upload_2018-7-23_23-41-49.png

https://www.dell.com/support/home/al/en/albsdt1/product-support/product/dell-sx2210wfp/drivers
Download the drivers first, then you right click, select properties on .exe programs and select run in compatibility mode windows 7sp1.
if it excutes and installs fine don't worry about it but if it refuses to do so in the current version of windows 10.
You will have little choice but to go ahead and invest in a new webcam and mic.
Back to school sales are running active and tax free holiday should be around in the corner so you don't have to spend too much.

I have a usb mic that plugs into the PC tower - even that's not working!

But I'll download the driver tonight and see if it helps.

thanks

Reply back to let us know what is happening, otherwise we'll assume you fixed or bought newer gear.

I will do.... can you tell me....

What will the new driver do?
I mean whats the worst that can happen?

I'm a nervous tech user and don't want to bust the rest up!

:)

Thank you all...!

still can't get the monitor mic/camera to work but I have gotten a plug in USB mic to work so that'll do till I get some cash.

thanks again, Rose

Back