pc problem after power outage

Status
Not open for further replies.

etones

i was using my pc about 11am this morning and the power went off and it has just came back on, but my pc didnt start up nothing happens when i turn it on. power outage cause by storms in northern ireland, uk. i am currently using my old pc which is still working

Are you using a surge protector? If not I'm afraid that the power surge has zapped one of your hardware components. I would suggest disconnecting everything from the computer except the CPU and RAM. If nothing still happens when you turn it on, you know it is a problem with one of the 3.

Have you tried a different power cable?

If this doesn`t work, then maybe your psu is dead. Change the psu, and if you`re lucky, your computer should start.

Regards Howard :cool:

i dont want to remove the cover of the pc as it is still under warrenty, tryed differnet cable not luck. im going to contact the pc company, see if they can do anything.

it has failed to start before, even when there are not problems, because last week i was using it for a few hours then i shut it down then about an hour later i turned it back on and there where no signs of life everything was dead. but i left it about 2 hours then tryed again and it worked. im just going to phone there customer service helpline now

Well if it's still under warranty it sounds like a no brainer to me, although you might be out of a PC for a little while.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back