PC Rebooting help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi techspot,

This is a problem that has been going on for almost a year now. Every 20-25 minutes, my computer just reboots itself as if I had pressed the restart button on the pc. It then goes onto a blue screen (image below):

http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h93/zog170/021609100715.jpg[

Sometimes (about once a week), it will reboot a few times and then stop rebooting altogether until I turn it on the next time I use it.
I have sent it in to my local computer repair shop recently and they said that it hasn't had any problems whilst they had it.

I've tried several full system scans (during that lucky time when it does not reboot): AVG, Norton 2008, Avast and a couple online scanners.
I''ve done a 'Memtest86' and that said that my pc has no problems.
My PC temperature is usually around 44-45C.

Another thing to mention is that it does not matter what I am doing when it reboots because it will reboot if i leave it on the login screen or whether i'm playing a game and using about 10 other programs.
From other topics that I've seen on the web, I'd say my problem is similar but I can't find anyone who has exactly the same problem.

I'm not a really techy guy, but if you need any information for me to post, please tell me (and tell me how) because I really want to get this sorted out and any help would be greatly appreciated.

PS: Finally, another thing to note is that when I get the blue screen, sometimes you see a weird colour blotch on the screen like that black square with the yellow stripes you see on the image. Or sometimes it is a pink square. And sometimes, it doesn't show at all.

0x0000007F: UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP

One of three types of problems occurred in kernel-mode: (1) Hardware failures. (2) Software problems. (3) A bound trap (i.e., a condition that the kernel is not allowed to have or intercept). Hardware failures are the most common cause and, of these, memory hardware failures are the most common.

AVG, Norton 2008, Avast: Are these installed at the same time? Because if they are you are going to have serious conflicts creating software problems. The rule is one antivirus, one firewalll, and one anti-spyware softeware. Keep Avast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back