TechSpot

PC Registry Doctor issue

By kwspony
Apr 9, 2007
  1. I have PC Registry Doctor and have run the scans. I have fixed most issues but there are some I can't seem to fix. They say that inprocserver32 is corrupted. Most of these files are in a Symantec Shared folder. Reg Doc says that access is denied. I have seem some of the values and the are all garbled. Is this a malware or something that Symantec has missed or just files gone bad. And, how do I fix them? I have been trying to track down the cause of random blue screens.

2. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 17,244   +234

3. kwspony

kwspony TS Booster Topic Starter Posts: 121

I will run it tonight. Do you know if this removes all of the virus definitions and updates?

4. Tmagic650

I think you will be given the option to delete the definitions and updates. I suggest that you do this. Good luck...

5. kwspony

kwspony TS Booster Topic Starter Posts: 121

I uninstalled and reinstalled Symantec. It did not give me the option of uninstalling definitions. I also installed Norton System Works. System Works does not find the problems but PC Registry Doctor still does. I am begginging to think total wipe and reinstall of everything.

6. Tmagic650

An OS reinstall may be wise

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.