PC reset when running photoshop

Status
Not open for further replies.

ajay67

hi

just happened few minutes ago. previously it happened few times when playing games (battlefield vietnam & emulation) & once when running photoshop. when i ask around someone mentioned it could be the integrated graphic card. i stop playing those games until i got a new card recently. now i hv MSI 7600GS GC & able to play battlefield & emulation without any problem. i thought the problem was solved. today was the first time i run photoshop after awhile & it happens - pc just reset. i once did the memtest. can't remember for how many hrs/pass. result was ok. i suspect it's RAM &/or PSU but how to know which one?

should i run the memtest again?

i attach the minidump...

it could be that your cpu is overheating, that can cause pc's to reset. why photoshop would make a cpu over heat though, i don't know. what's the cooling like in your case/on the cpu?

You need it to give you an error message.

Hi Ajay,

You need to try and get the computer to give you an error message. To do this...
right click on my computer -> go down to properties -> click on the advanced tab at the top of the properties box -> click on startup and recovery (3rd option down) -> then untick automatically restart (under the system failure option...

this means instead of just restarting it will give you a BSOD. From there you need to copy down the stop code and either post it here or google search it to see what is causing the error.

orestes
i thought the minidump file does contain all those error code??

daveskater,
not sure about the temp. i currently remove the cover so it's wide open now

your minidump read points to possible CPU problem. Could be caused by overclocking, failing power or something else.. but we'll need more than one minidump to get a better idea of whats causing it..

Check PSU ok.
Check CPU temps is ok
Check BIOS settings for your CPU and RAM is correct
Check your motherboard for any damage (leaking/popped capacitors, burns etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back