PC restarts 4-5 second into boot repeatedly

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi everyone, i really need some help.
after 2 months of being overseas i started my pc and it ran fine, windows and all antivirus updated as normal, scans were done and everything seemed fine. but a few days later the pc just rebooted automatically while i was using it for no reason and no warning. it booted back up and it was ok. this happened twice. it wasnt under load and wasnt overheating. but after that it froze and didnt display anything on the monitor so i restarted it and ever since i will only get 4-5 seconds into boot before it automatically restarts again and again with no display on the monitor.
it starts up normally with all lights on board and fans working and hard drives active. but its just in this endless look of boot and restart. i cant get into safe mode or anything.
ive inspected the board and graphics card for any burst or cracked capacitors but all looks fine. ive also removed the ram and put them back in different slots one at a time, but nothing.
i should also ad that sometimes my pc is on for days at a time as i download quite a bit. but there are plenty of fans and it never overheats. i built it myself and have never had hardware problems. nothing is overclocked and it has run very smoothly until now.
mb, psu and case are all 7mths old
specs:
windows xp sp3
gigabyte x48-dq6 mb
intel e6600 cpu @2.4 ghz
asus gforce 9600gt 512mb graphics
1000w amacrox psu
7 hard disks and 1 dvd rom
all in a thermaltake armor+ case with 4 fans

please help, im lost without my pc.
any help is greatly appreciated....Thanks guys

Try changing the battery on your motherboard. See if that helps. My PC too once had a similar problem of restarting randomly within a few minutes. A new battery fixed it.

Else it could be the PSU or motherboard itself.

hey thanks for that, ill give it a try today.
hopefully that solves it, and its an easy fix. otherwise im gonna pretty upset if the mb is gone as its pretty new. the psu has lifetime warranty so thats alright.
can pc components wear out quicker and fail if left on for a long time, even if its idle and kept cool?

can pc components wear out quicker and fail if left on for a long time, even if its idle and kept cool?

Your mobo battery might wear out quicker. Else it shouldn't really be a problem if excess heat isn't generated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back