mastermike

Hello, my computer specs,

Intel Celron 2.7GHZ
768mb DDR
ATI Radeon 1300 256MB DDR2
DVD drive
Cd RW R drive
Windows XP Home SP2

Well my problem is this, my computer restarts with blue screen but only when its idle NEVER HAPPENED WHEN PLAYING GAMES OR INTERNET etc. I am at a loss please help

Check for spyware, trojans, virues an etc.. using spyware terminator (free)
If that find stuff and removes it..
And you still have the blue screen you can check your RAM for errors..
But you might suffer from what I call profile corrupt. Which is an easy fix.
Login into the safemode and delete your user name profile but you have to try to copy your document and settings for that user name other wise you'll loose all your favorites, desktop icons, history, cookies. Programs you install are still intact. Then when you login again Windows will re-create your profile with a working version.

I would copy the old profile to the admin account in any folder you want. Then with the new one great re-created then you can go back under the admin account and move the files to the location you want to use them.

Hey listen I highly doubt that it is a problem with the profile because windows error repot says this: Error message: STOP 0x000000EA THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER
View products that this article applies to.
Article ID : 293078
Last Review : January 31, 2007
Revision : 3.14
This article was previously published under Q293078
SYMPTOMS
You may receive one of the following Stop error messages:
STOP 0x000000EA THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER

STOP: 0x100000EA THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER_M

I think it with my video card. Oh and btw i got spyware terminator, and deleted a few things but still the same. Oh and also when the blue screen hits, about 5 secs after it hits, the monitor says "check PC display settings" as if my graphics adapter is messed up or something (I bought this graphics card less than a week ago) :(

Let's start with some standard troubleshooting techniques.

Check for spyware. Use the following 3 anti-spyware utilities:

All are free.

If that doesn't resolve the problem, then run a chkdsk to check your filesystem.

My Computer or Windows Explorer -> Right-Click on C: -> Properties -> Tools -> Error Checking -> Check Now -> Select both options & restart system.

This will kick in a chkdsk on the next startup.

Repost of you still have problems.

Ok I ran the spyware tests and deleted a few things again, but still if I'm not there to move the mouse or do anything with th PC or if its idle, in about ~20min. the screen will be blue with stuff on it (error, beginning dump of psychical memory etc.) and then the screen will go black, but if i play games or if i just move the mouse then all is fine (so far) i think my device driver was caught in an infinite loop thread? I don't know but I'm not getting. anyway I've tried all y'all have said thanks very much for the help lemme now if y'all have any more ideas! Thanks again.

I'm beginning to think my graphics card is overheating due to the fact that it is in the lowest PCI slot (ya its PCI Radeon X1300 256MB DDR) so I might consider moving it up 2 or 3 slots and download a GPU Temp. monitor.

Are you using a system fan? It's supposed to be at the upper rear vent of your chassis. If not I strongly suggest you install one. Makes a big different for preventing overheating!

Unfortunately I thought I had one, but I don't. But I will install one because I have some other computer shells that I'm not using so ill install one.

Well.....can you try and find out what the blue screen says, almost do a google of windows blue screens and see if you can find one that replicates yours. More than not, a blue screen means that you have an improper/corrupt driver somewhere in your computer.

well im sure this has to do with my vid card cuz like 2 secs after the blue screen the monitor says "check pc settings" or somthing like that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back