PC turns on; Monitor won't Display

[FONT=arial]Hello! I'm having no luck with previous threads regarding this same question.[/FONT]

[FONT=arial]For starters, I just bought two new items for my computer so it's not entirely new, but quite the upgrade[/FONT]

[FONT=arial]Previous Specs:[/FONT]
[FONT=arial]PSU: 500w[/FONT]
[FONT=arial]CPU: AMD Phenom II x4 965[/FONT]
[FONT=arial]GPU: nVidia GeForce 660[/FONT]
[FONT=arial]MOBO: Biostar A880GZ[/FONT]
[FONT=arial]RAM: 8GB[/FONT]

[FONT=arial]New Specs[/FONT]
[FONT=arial]PSU: 500w[/FONT]
[FONT=arial]CPU: Intel Core i7-4820K[/FONT]
[FONT=arial]GPU: nVidia GeForce 660[/FONT]
[FONT=arial]MOBO: BIOSTAR TPOWER X79[/FONT]
[FONT=arial]RAM: 8GB[/FONT]

[FONT=arial]I boot it up and hear no beeping sounds all fans are running well. I believe I have everything in place. I can provide pictures if needed.[/FONT]

[FONT=arial]Thanks in advance![/FONT]
[FONT=arial]-Adrian[/FONT]

[FONT=arial]Bumping with my PSU: [/FONT][FONT=arial]http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...[/FONT]

[FONT=arial]Maybe there are some extra plugs I need in the PSU that my current one isn't offering?[/FONT]

Recheck all your connections. Plus make sure your video card and memory are seated. The PSU should be fine.

Make sure you didn't miss the 4-8 pin cpu power connector on the MOBO. Your last MOBO didn't have this but your new one does. It would be easy to overlook and would cause this issue.

You used a little too much thermal compound on your CPU. I'd clean and reapply when things are up and running. What I want you to do is disconnect all non-essential components. This includes: fans,optical drive,mouse,keyboard,sound card..etc. You only want to have the Mobo,HDD,CPU,PSU,GPU, and RAM connected. I'd even go as far as only booting with 1 stick of ram.

Hey guys so I believe I figured out the problem. Correct me if I'm wrong though. I went to the BIOSTAR website and looked up my motherboard, and at the bottom it said:

[FONT=helvetica]*In order to support IVY Bridge-E CPU, customer need to upgrade the latest version BIOS and driver[/FONT]

[FONT=helvetica]So when I bought my motherboard from newegg it wasn't IVY Bridge-E ready. so sadly I'll be having to replace this MOBO with one that already has these updates in its BIOS. That's likely why I wasn't getting any signal.[/FONT]

Back