PC will freeze and can't be turned off

My computer has been sitting in my room with little use. Recently, I took it out and cleaned the hardware and software. I used an air can to clean my hardware and factory reset windows. After the restart, I installed my drivers and started to use my PC. At first everything was fine, then after a little while I got a blue screen of death "Kernel_Security_Check_Failure". I let the blue screen run its course then hoped back. Around 15 minutes later I received a blue screen this time with "irql_not_less_or_equal". I let it go. Used my computer for 30 minutes then everything froze, I couldn't use my mouse or keyboard and animation were frozen in the middle. I tried to turn off my pc using the button on the case it didn't work. Then I tried to turn it off using the button on my motherboard, that didn't work either. Finally, I just turned off my power supply then turned on my pc. I started to Google solution, and after a couple minutes same thing happened my computer froze and I couldn't turn it off. This time I tried the reset button on the case and it worked perfectly. I am wondering what is causing the issue and how I fix it?

Things I've Tried:
- Updated Bios
- Ran Windows Memory Diagnostic (no problem)
- In CMD ran sfc /scannow (some files corrupted but fixed, problem persisted, ran again no files corrupted)
- Factory reset windows again (everything worked until I changed the location of my Desktop folder changed back, problem persisted. Don't think that is the problem)
- monitored CPU and GPU temps (no overheating)
- Drivers up to date

Possible causes?
- My mom touched the grounded motherboard backplate and received a shock (motherboard or cpu fried?)
- Changed location of desktop folder along with Docs, music, 3d objects, downloads, and pictures. (Changed location to default problem still persisted)
- Too much thermal paste on CPU
- Bad drivers
- Corrupted windows update
- PSU going bad
- MOBO going bad
- CPU going bad
- Storage going bad
- Bad bios
- Too much power draw?
- ??? Short with case ???

My PC specs:
Intel Core i7-5820
Asus x-99A
Asus STRIX 980 ti
Corsair CX750M 750 Watt 80 PLUS Bronze PSU
Samung 850 EVO SSD 250GB (boot drive, has space)
4 x WD black 1tb hard drive
2 x HyperX FURY 8GB ddr4
Old model Kraken x61
Cooler Master Stryker Case

-- None of my parts are overclocked --

A shortage of the mobo or CPU would never cause a BSOD that reports something totally unrelated, like Kernel_Security_Check_Failure. This bug check indicates that the kernel has detected the corruption of a critical data structure.

You could try installing Windows as an ISO on a flash drive, then making a new partition for a new Windows, installing windows again, and then formatting the old partition, as well as deleting it. Just make sure you're windows license is linked to your account, so you can sign in when you reinstall windows without having to buy a new windows license. Kernel_Security_Check_Failure may have come from you changing your location of desktop folder. Those would probably not be vital data that could cause a BSOD like Kernel_Security_Check_Failure, but you never know.

Back