PC won't post with BFG 7800GS oc

Status
Not open for further replies.

fnugen

I am trying to install a BFG7800GSoc instead of my ATI x800xl aiw. I purchased this card used from a friend and have no reason so suspect it was damaged. When I insert into AGP slot and plug power cable in, boot PC....I hear my HDD start as though it wants to boot, but nothing. I click...nothing more, just a black screen and orange light. Once I put the x800xl back in, all is fine. My PSU is an Enermax EG565P-VE FMA. 535w. When I do power on PC, the fan on the BFG goes, the card lights up and shows it is getting power...but nothing after. Any ideas, or any more info needed to help me ??

A few things to check.

You need to remove/uninstall the drivers for the ATI x800xl aiw card, then reboot your computer. Shut down your computer and swap cards. Make sure that any extra power connectors are connected to the new card. Boot your system, once in Windows, install the drivers for your new card.

Regards Howard :)

I did that. I've been doing my own PC builds for a while. This is first time I've had this problem. I used driver cleaner pro in safe mode to delete the ATI drivers. Installed new card and nothing....not even a beep from ram check. As long as ATI is in, it boots fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back