TechSpot

1. TechSpot Forums are dedicated to computer enthusiasts and power users. Ask a question and give support. Join the community here.
    TechSpot Forums are dedicated to computer enthusiasts and power users.
    Ask a question and give support.
    Join the community here, it only takes a minute.
    Dismiss Notice

PCI device can not be installed

By vvo889092 ยท 4 replies
Jun 27, 2009
  1. hey everyone, my windows xp can't seem to download the pci device it has found (new hardward). when searching for the device, there is a big yellow question mark next to the pci word. after having these messages, my computer has been crashing by freezing or not restarting but making a beeping noise consecutively. any suggestions?

2. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 17,244   +235

What is your computer? Make? Model?

3. T77

T77 TS Enthusiast Posts: 300   +6

some disk might have come with ur pci device.u can install the drivers from the disk.

4. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 17,244   +235

"my computer has been crashing by freezing or not restarting but making a beeping noise consecutively. any suggestions?"...

Sounds like a virus or malware infection. Can you run any scans on this sick computer. Try to delete the device with the yellow asterisk, by right-clicking the line in the device manager

5. lcwolfman

lcwolfman TS Rookie Posts: 21

What PCI card have you installed? Are you receiving the beeping sounds during post (first thing you see when you turn on your system)?? If so are there a certain amount of beeps or does it beep constantly??

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.