PCI Latency Tool - Performance Boost?

Status
Not open for further replies.

InsaneMonkeyBoy

Hey,

I've recently come across this tool when on a site searching for ati tool. I looked into this tool a bit more but i couldn't really understand how it works. It's supposed to give a performance boost to your pc, gpu card in particular. Does anyone here use this tool? Does it increase performance?

Thanks

I use it and I don't think it's really supposed to give an increase in performance ie. as in benchmarks. But it does seem to smooth out game play a little, or it may be just my imagination. My 6800 GT's default latency was at 248 and I tried several settings and finally settled on 64. I've seen claims that it's the greatest performance tweak ever, but for me it was at the very least marginal. But I really don't have much trouble running games anyway. If you haven't tried it yet, it's worth a shot to see if it helps you any. There's also another program called Double Dawg that's supposed to be similar, but I haven't tried it yet, as I think it does the same thing.

Cool, i hope it makes a difference for me because i'm not getting what i should be out of my pc and i hope this helps. Oh yeah, with a 6800GT i doubt you're going to come across any improvements because that BEAST runs anything at full detail with full speed!!

The program adjusts for the optimum one-at-a-time equalized sequential timeslices of Symmetric Processing (Time-Share Processing) which is decided by you as to what the optimum values should be.

"PCI Latency" is a misnomer propagated by ignoramuses, the actual accurate name is "IRQ Latency". The "IRQ Latency" value for a PCI device is its "PCI Latency" value.

Perhaps you should read this thread I responded to back in 2000.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back