PCI simple communication controller driver for Windows 7

abbasi

Hello all,

I have a HP laserJet P1102. When I want to install its driver it seems that it need to pci simple communication controller be installed. How to install that pci simple communication controller for my Win 7 32-bit please? The only error in my device manager window is that the pci simple communication controller is not installed. When I plug the USB of that printer it wants to install the pci simple communication controller but it can't! From "dxdiag" I found that my system manufacturer is "ECS" and the system model is "945p /pl-A"

This is most of the time a modem or nic driver. Your best bet would be to go to the computer website . You maybe able to get the drivers there for it.

For the second link, I had updated that driver (IDE (1) for vista 32-bit) but no changes occurred.
But about the first link, which one do you suggest me to download?

I downloaded and installed some ones but no changes occurred!
The problem had to do with the OS. I installed the printer on XP and without any problem it became installed. But how it can be this way that this printer can't be installed on 7!!? It's not an old printer and in it's manual Windows 7 is supported (it has been written)!

Indeed, I was installing that printer on a PC running win 7 and I didn't succeed to install. So after that I tried that printer on my own PC which is running win 7 and also I've installed VMware on it and XP on that VMware. I first tried to install that printer on my win 7 host (I have not any dial-up modem on my motherboard and therefore don't need to install that pci driver and also my device manager in fine without any yellow mark). But again I couldn't to success to install that printer on my win 7 so I tried to try the XP (which was on VMware) and after turning that XP on I could install and also use of that printer!:) Now, what do you guys think of this issue please? You think the problem is to do with the 7 OS, that pci driver which was not installed or something else. Thank you all.

How old is the printer? Could be you may have need to see if their was update software for the printer. In other words I have a feeling the printer is out dated.

Last edited:
There is one more case. Some time ago, when the win 7 of this desktop was newly installed, that printer could be installed on it easily!! I think the sort of drivers installed on it at the time was the same as the drivers installed on it now. What do you think, if I do a fresh/new installation of 7 on it? I wanted to install the xp but had problem with ps/2 port of the motherboard when installing XP unfortunately.

This board may have problems with just xp . It may need for service pack 3 for xp to be installed. But if you can use win 7 again I would. Only because Xp is not support any more.

This board may have problems with just xp . It may need for service pack 3 for xp to be installed. But if you can use win 7 again I would. Only because Xp is not support any more.

OK, I try to install a fresh copy of win 7 on it and install that printer on it.
I hope I don't face the problem of not installing the pci simple communications deiver again.

Ok, I would try and use the win 7 32 bit driver from The support site. If it work before on win 7. On a fresh install it should work again.

Ok, I would try and use the win 7 32 bit driver from The support site. If it work before on win 7. On a fresh install it should work again.
No specific driver was downloded for installing that printer. After installing win 7 and its drivers (but of course without pci simple ...) than I directly installed that printer using its companion CD without problem. If I have to install win 7 again I try to do these works again just like before.

If this work great. But the link I gave you. In post ten. Leads right to the win7 32 bit driver. If you ever might need it. As I said glad you got this solved.

Thank you very much. I'll be on the PC for trying these methods tommorrow (about 6 hour later). I utilize my most try to do the works correctly. After all I aware you of the results, mate.

These are modem drivers. Do you have a modem install in this PC? Plus this is not a driver page. It is for vender ID only.

You would need to know the make and model of your modem, Then google it to find drivers

The problem solved.
I couldn't to install the pci-con but this time (on this fresh 7) the HP printer could be installed.
Thank you very much.
Very kind of you.
Just as last question. If I want to download the pci in future, how to find the mark and model of it to googling?

The best way would to be pull up the Retail company web site. For this Computer. Then go to their support site. Put in your Make and model PC. There it should have the drivers for your modem. If one is installed on the computer. If not you may have to use a 3rd party software for down loading drivers.

Back