TechSpot

PE Builder

By vhawk
Jun 1, 2008
  1. kaspersky lets you make a rescuedisk on a cd using pe builder but it needs the original xp disk which fortunately i still have andthe serbvice pack2 installation disk which i have never had as it did that with an auto update

thus i must forget pe builder but is there an alternative?

2. mailpup

mailpup TS Special Forces Posts: 6,979   +362

You could download SP2 from Microsoft downloads and combining it with your original XP CD make a slipstream disk, then make a rescue disk from that. I've never had to make a slipstream disk myself but you can google for the procedure.

3. vhawk

vhawk TS Enthusiast Topic Starter Posts: 177

what litle i could find i could not understand and it looked way to complicated for me but thank you very much for trying to help

4. xxdanielxx

xxdanielxx TS Rookie Posts: 1,069

try this ubcd4win I have been using it to fix most problem

5. vhawk

thank you i googled that but i could not understand any of what it turned up- i don't understand any of the terms

i guess i don't speak keek

6. mailpup

You can still buy the XP SP2 disk from Microsoft. I think it is still free but you might have to pay shipping. That would be the easiest way to make your rescue disk.

7. vhawk

the trouble is that microsoft is such a lousy company that there is no way to contact them in the uk

in fact i would say that microsoft is the most uncontactable company in the world- i HATE it- if only i could go over to linux

8. mailpup

Try Ebay UK.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.