Philips 27E1N8900 4k OLED 27" monitor - any opinions?

I had a Philips 27" 4K monitor and its performance was exceptional. I bought it on Amazon and all of the reviews it had said it was a worthy machine for the price. I don't know why the price in your country is 700USD but I purchased it from Amazon for 245USD. I checked on Amazon, Walmart and Best Buy, etc. and the price range for a 27" 4K monitor ranges from 200 to 300USD. I don't know if it is exactly the same monitor but the one I had was exceptional. The Philips website does not give a price range for this item and the reviews rated it at about a 2 out of 5 on the website. 700USD seems quite expensive for a 2 out of 5 rated machine that sells anywhere else for only about 245USD. Let the buyer beware.

Last edited:
Philips has an interesting offer https://www.usa.philips.com/c-p/27E1N8900_27/monitor-4k-oled-monitor but I haven't found any decent test/review over the internet. Anyone could say if this is a scam or a reasonable offer? In my country it can be bought for about 700USD. I think it could be a great option but it's quite difficult to choose without tests.
While there isn't a wealth of reviews available online, I did find one on the Philips website itself that gave the 27E1N8900 a 2.0 out of 5 star rating. The reviewer mentioned frustration with the lack of ports for connecting a mouse and keyboard directly to the monitor, and also said they hadn't heard back from customer service.

Given this limited information, it might be wise to hold off on purchasing this monitor until more reviews become available. You could also try searching for reviews on other tech sites, or reach out to Philips directly to see if they can provide more details on the monitor's capabilities and any potential drawbacks.

Back