Philips Acoustic Edge Problems?

Status
Not open for further replies.

farmer

I just moved my Philips Acoustic Edge soundcard to a new system and I seem to have problems. It was in a system with Win98SE, and the new system has WinXP Pro. When I benchmark using 3DMark2003, I can complete the test up to the final sound test, then it kicks me out with a message that the soundcard can't complete the test. I have the latest drivers from Philips running on the following system:

Pentium 4 2.8 800FSB
Intel D875PBZ 400DDR mobo
ATI Radeon 9700 Pro
WD 800JB HDD
WinXP Pro SP1

I also can't seem to run Max Payne. It will run the cutscenes, but reboot the system when the game starts. Probably not related to the soundcard issue, but thought I'd mention it.

Thanks for any help......

Yes, the error message said that I didn't have a compatable soundcard. dxdiag ran all the sound tests and declaired me having no problems.

Thought at first it might be that it had something to do with being a DX9 part to complete the test, but then I remembered that I completed everything but "Mother Nature" with a Ti4200 and Soundblaster Live X-Gamer with older drivers.

I had thought I read once that Thomas said the Philips soundcards had some compatability problems? I might be mistaken about this, but it's why I mentioned it here.....

Thanks for the reply, Mictlantecuhtli........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back