TechSpot

Picasa reduce image's quality when upload to Picasa Web

By BraveVN
Sep 28, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Hi there, please help me. I use "Batch Upload" function to upload hundreds of album (thousands of pictures) from my PC to Picasa Web Album. 2 days ago, It worked normally. But today, the error occur: Picasa reduce the high quality of images (include .PNG and .JPG format) into bad quality, images are darker than the original. But when I upload directly to Web Album (not through Picasa), the error not appear. This is an example:

Original image:
    [​IMG]

Uploaded image:
    [​IMG]

I've tried changing these settings, but both didn't work

this:

[​IMG]

and this:
    [​IMG]
    Please help me. Thanks.
    P/S: Sorry, I'm not good at English.

2. spongefox

spongefox TS Rookie

Hi,. I'm having the same problem as well. I use Picasa Web Albums for my blog and upload photos to it via a third party programme (MarsEdit).

Just noticed today that all the images are suddenly of poor quality compared to previously.. PLEASE HELPPP

3. spongefox

spongefox TS Rookie

HI THERE I have figured it out.. if you have Google+ you need to go into SETTINGS and towards the bottom of the page there should be a PHOTOS section.

You need to TURN OFF 'Auto Enhance' and 'Auto Awesome'

This solved the problem for me..

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.