planetside

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was a beta tester for the game - I really didn't enjoy it too much. Don't really have much to say about it though.

LNCPapa

Charging to play a game online is just going way overboard. I guess it has a lot to do with loss of sales due to pirating software on P2P programs. I have been guilty of pirating things in my life many times, but I for one think this is having so much of a negative effect on the quality of gaming and the prices of games that it should be stopped. The problem is these companys like the RIAA just have no idea what they are doing and go about it wrong. They go after the piraters instead of the "suppliers". If you eliminate the suppliers you eliminate the supply. Yet they go after some teenage kid in college and charge him all this money and in turn cause him to have to quit college and lose his education. I can't see the logic in going after millions of individuals when you could go after 100's of the "suppliers" and get rid of the problem much more quickly. Besides, these individuals are too many and multiply too quickly. You take one out and theres another 100 in his/her place. *****ic RIAA.
Really pathetic.

Originally posted by acidosmosis
Charging to play a game online is just going way overboard.
I used to say that until I started playing Dark Age of Camelot. While I don't like paying monthly, it can be a plus if a company stands by their product and continually improves it. I just wish I would have broken down sooner!

I used to agree with acidosmosis till I started playing MMOs - there's usually a reason that you have to pay to play these games. It's not like a multiplayer game of Q3, UT2K3, or Diablo II - it's a persistent world that is continually evolving. There is growth in AC2 every month - new quests, new skills, new stuff all around the board. I don't have to go out and buy any expansion packs or anything. Like I said, I used to agree with what you said - but no more. I don't like paying monthly, but I will continue to do so now.

LNCPapa

I have paid to play for over 2 years and IMHO I think it cuts down on cheaters.I tried AC1 but got so lost that I gave up LOL.I play WWIIOL it is a MMPOL game

I bought PlanetSide on a quick whim without noticing it was pay to play...

I used to be quite addicted to muds (http://razors.deorth.org/) and find that this has similar elements with the experience points, battle ranks and command ranks... Although I am getting bored of all buildings looking the same and not much of a change of environment. But if it does evolve and new things being added I might just stick to it :D

Well it patched to version 1.46 when I first installed it (took about 30 mins on 512 ADSL :( ). Hasn't been too bad so far for big battles. Has crashed quite a bit though :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back