Playing Tetris could help you lose weight, quit alcohol and smoking

1. Want to loose weight but cannot resist food cravings? Here is a solution: Play Tetris. According to a research conducted by PhD student Jessica Skorka-Brown, alongside Professors Jackie Andrade and Jon May, from Plymouth university's Cognition Institute, just three minutes...

Read more
  2. treeski

treeski TS Evangelist Posts: 954   +193

Lose* first sentence

Also, it doesn't really sound like there is anything special about Tetris... just that people need to keep preoccupied with other things and not let their minds wander.
    lmike6453 and Wendig0 like this.
  3. Nobina

Nobina TS Evangelist Posts: 807   +270

Of all the problems possible the only thing scientists are doing research about is some useless tetris **** nobody cares about and it's almost always like that.
    wastedkill likes this.
  4. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 10,689   +395

I'd want a drink too if I had to wait 3 minutes for Tetris to unsuccessfully load.
  5. Gamers do forego food and drink during intense gaming sessions, but you can die doing that. I don't go gambling when I'm into a game, heh. Addictive personalities are always placating some sort of addiction.
  6. TS-56336

TS-56336 TS Addict Posts: 609   +109

NO way. Jogging still helps you lose weight than sitting whole day playing games.
    wastedkill likes this.
  7. Kibaruk

Kibaruk TechSpot Paladin Posts: 2,428   +472

It's not about loosing weight, it's about a way to reduce CRAVINGS for not just food, smoke and alcohol also.
  8. TS-56336

TS-56336 TS Addict Posts: 609   +109

I know; Lifestyle change :D
  9. lmike6453

lmike6453 TS Enthusiast Posts: 100   +6

This is definitely not particular to tetris...whenever I talk about food my friends always say to each other "Put a controller in Mike's hands and he'll stop!" lol I guess kinda inside joke but this article reminded me of that
  10. Also reduces the number of Dates (or what may result from a Date) you get.
  11. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 6,341   +1,939

I could've finished a few drinks in that time. XD