Please check my hijack this log

Status
Not open for further replies.

MellyJC

:wave:

Got a handmedown laptop. It's old, kind of crumby seeing as the battery doesn't work AT ALL and every time I boot up I get dll errors and every time I shut down there's a mysterious unknown program that I have to "end task" on.

It needs a lot of work. Ideally I would format it and put on Windows XP. I would love to do that, actually. However I've never done that on a laptop before, and I'm not familiar with Windows ME, so I'm waiting for advice before I do it. I don't want to screw this thing up beyond repair since I don't have the initial install CDs. It was a free laptop, but my older one probably wouldn't work for the presentation I need to do in March.

Meanwhile, I've been trying to get it to a workable state as I have a presentation to do requiring media, and the easiest way to do that would be to bring the laptop. I installed a virus scanner and the ad aware programs, there was a trojan and about 200 things found by ad aware and spybot. This thing was in a sad state.

Here is my hijack this log. Please advise. Also, if anyone has recommendation on formatting, my ears are open.

Thanks so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back