"Please Check Signal"

Status
Not open for further replies.

thadanman2k1

When I turned on my computer, I didn't get the usual thing that says about my Geforce 4, instead I got a little blue box that said:

"PLEASE CHECK SIGNAL"

I pulled the monitor plug from the rear of my computer, and I fond out that one of the little sticks i the plug was missing. I'm hoping thats not the problem , because if that is I thinking I have to buy a new monitor, right? PLease any help would be greatly appreciated! :) Thank you in Advance!

All the pins are not always used in connections. When you say a pin is missing, does it look like there used to be one there?

Do you mean the actual pins that make up the connector. There should be 15 pins (although some connectors have several missing anyway).

Here is the VGA connector spec.
http://www.bbdsoft.com/video.html

Does your PC actual post and boot just without a video signal (does it beep once, with LEDs flashing etc.) or do you get several beeps indicating a problem with the graphics card.

If your PC is posting, then the problem relates to the monitor or the connection between monitor and graphics card, otherwise I would say it relates to the graphics card.

I know that my monitor has 2 or 3 pins that are missing. The only reason I know this is because I looked when it was acting up on me and nothing was broken off. So it could be a simple problem like you need to reseat your video card. I just fixed a computer that needed that solution the other day. Give that a try and tell us the results.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back