Please Help. BTX power supply?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GeekieNick101

Hey everybody,

Ok My question I'm going to upgrade my power supply in my current computer and the problem is it is a btx power supply and I only want an Antec power supply and Antec doesnt make btx power supplies only ATX ones so can I put a ATX power in a Btx case and use it correcly or wont it work?

Yeah I know. But still I only want asn Antec, would it matter if it is ATX would it still work in BTX? Thanks for your help

No, they are differant physical size, and OCZ beats Antec btw. I would buy OCZ over Antec any day. Plus both of these will work in your case, performance wont increase with an Antec, its just power, not a processor or something.

This is from the Antec website.

How about BTX power supplies?

There is no BTX power supply specification. Future BTX chassis will incorporate ATX12V v2.0 power supplies. So don’t worry—Antec has you covered.

You can see the article at the bottom of the page HERE.

From looking at that, I don`t think you`ve anything to worry about. Of course, you could always contact Antec just to make sure.

Regards Howard :)

BTX uses the same size PSU as an ATX case and any ATX PSU with a 24 pin main connector and long enough cables will work.

Thank you very much you guys helped me so much, i was so confsued thank you so much but now Im not even sure if it is the power supply somehow the hyper threading got turned off??? maybe the comptuer shop did this but yeah im going tou pgrade the power supply anways it needs it. Thank you so much

Also looking for BTX PSU

Saw this thread is old but in case anyone is still monitoring. I too am looking for a QUIET BTX power supply. However my BTX power supply is NOT the same size as an ATX and instead has sort of an "L" shape with the fan in one part and the power connector in the other. I have read the form-factor design for BTX and this seems to be the proper design.

But, the only PSU I can find is the same one I have "InWin". Does anyone know of a QUIET PSU that actually complies with the BTX spec (regardles of Antec saying there is none)

Thanks

It's going to be tough finding one as BTX has gone the way of the dodo. I suggest looking up a duplicate of what you got.

Yeah, I've found very little. I did find that the actual spec for a microBTX PSU is CFX12V and I have found the same one I have (InWin) and two more.

Mine actually works fine, I'm just trying to find something quieter. This is the best shot I have so far: STARTECH.COM - 350W CFX12V 2.01 P/S-20 AND 24PIN CONN

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back