Please Help!! Graphic card questions..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I recently bought an ASUS M2NPV motherboard that has an onboard nvidia geforce 6150 gpu graphics card......

Since then I have bought an Nvidia geforce 7300 GS graphics card.

I have installed it and loaded the drivers provided with the disk but I think my computer is still using the old onboard graphics card!

Can anyone please help me!!! I need to know how to change over so my PC starts using the new graphics card?

Many thanks to whoever can help!!!!

Are you saying that the 7300 GS you purchased is a PCI card or did the M2NPV also have an AGP slot?? Either way, you need to go into your bios and disable the onboard video setting. This will enable the 7300 to operate.

Thanks Sghizneneck... yes the 7300GS is a PCI card... The M2NPV has an onboard graphics card as well.... you are right - I do need to disable the onboard video setting... any idea where I can find this in the BIOS?

Thanks a million for your help

What convinces you to think your computer is still using the onboard graphics? If the monitor cable is plugged into the graphics card you installed (instead of the VGA port on the motherboard) then you are using the graphics card.

You can disable onboard graphics in the BIOS, but it is hard to specify where exactly. Take some time to explore around the BIOS to find it. It might be listed in the "Advanced" menu as a component under "Onboard Devices" or similar. BIOS versions vary which makes this hard to specify. All this info can be found in the BIOS section of your motherboard's manual.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back