Please Help me Out !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bloody-Evan

Hey Guys I am very glad I joined ur forums I think I need some help so I will tell u wat the problem is !! Here we start !!

I have a
Intel Celeron 2.4 GHZ
G-Force XFX 5200 G-Force 128 MB
512 MB of RAM
80 GB of HDD [Western Digital]
Alright here is the problem I think u all know the gamed called Medal of Honor . Well this game doesnt need a high-end computer or a graphics card .. My graphics card exceeds its recommended specs ..
I get a range of 8 - 30 FPS [Frames per second] it is lagging with me
I tried Motherboard Monitor and it showed that at system idle the CPU temp is about 45c and at its max activity it is about 55c
I dont know if that is high or low so please someone tell me .. !!
and if it was low then someone please tell me why I get a low FPS knowing that my video card doesnt have a cooling fan .. it is only with that metallic piece like shown below

My room temp is about 30 degrees !! Please someone help me out !! and tell me what is the problem

Maybe you have a lot of services running. Or maybe you left other programs on when you went playing. Closing everything and only the game will for sure make it better. Also, lower the game settings as a last resort.

The game settings are set to MINIMUM
No programs are running in the Background .. Only Windows and the Game and X-Fire !

Still the problem !! :S

First: does it immediately lag when you go into game, or does it go fine for awhile, and then start lagging?

Also, you might have NO programs running, but you have other things running that just normally start up. You mentioned no background, but just to make sure that you know what we mean.

If anything else, Celerons aren't really for gaming, so that could be your problem. Heat might be another problem as well, but manufacturers are smart enough to put a big enough cooling solution on their products. Dust might have gotten in on the heatsink, so some cleaning may be necessary, on both graphics card and CPU.

Well ...
Settings are set to MINIMUM
No any program is running in the Task manager and I am sure of this
wen I go into the game .. its very fine but then u know the smoke grenades and stuff . this is wat makes it lag .. without smoke it is about 30-60 FPS ..and sometimes it gets 80 on stalingrad !!
I want to know if the graphics card should have a fan or not .. coz as I told u it only has this metal piece !! and btw .. I have already cleaned off all the old heatsink compound on my processor and replaced it with a brand new one and bought another fan !!
Please guys someone tell me more about the cooling solution . is it just a fan or something or it is a cooler with freon and stuff ?? plz tell me more thx

Ah I forgot to say !! Here is my upgrade in this summer :D

Motherboard ASUS 945
Graphics card G-Force 7300LE PCI-Express Supporting 512 MB
1 GB of RAM PC676
240 GB of Hard Disk [SATA]
The same processor I wont change it as new games need only 2.0 GHZ so mine is good i think

Its a pretty low end card, so you don't really have to worry about really extreme cooling solutions.

And from what you say about smoke grenades, I think your graphics card just can't handle it, thats all. You can't really do much other than upgrade it to solve that problem.

The 7300LE you're going to upgrade to, its a very low budget card, so I'd recommend something a little better, such as the 7600, or some might even recommend 8600 series.

You can reuse the processor, but like I said, Celerons aren't really built for gaming. You'd definately see improvement if you got yourself a new processor to go with that. Also, you might not be able to fit that processor into your new motherboard, I don't remember any socket 775 Celeron 2.4Ghz....

Hey m8
Look I just didnt understand wat low budget card means .. But I wanna tell u something
the 7300LE is the best graphics card and the highest end one available in my country [Egypt] so I think I have to go with this as someone already told me that this 512 supporting card will be much more faster than the one I already have !!

So tell me plz more about cooling system for this new graphics card wen I but it !! thx
and about my processor socket .. I am going to take all the computer case with me to the computel mall where they will install the new motherboard for me as I dont know how :):shy::) and there he will tell me if my processor will fit or no .. I hope not as in this case I will put my dad infront of the reality line and tell him that we must buy a new processor looool :D

The processor I put in my mind now and also the highest one available in Egypt is .... Intel 3.0 GHZ with 2 MB cache !!

Hmm... I don't know about Egypt, but I can tell you that the 7300 is a "cheap" card, but it would perform much better than any integrated (or built in) graphics card solutions.

Minimum recommended specs are just that: minimum. You will be able to play the game, but don't expect it to run very well. They might have another set of higher "recommended" specs, but they aren't alot better (I sincerely think its a marketing tool).

I'll say again that I don't know what Egypt is like in terms of getting your hands on PC components, but you might just need to go to a bigger computer store...

Alright listen to this plz
I opened the side case of the computer and found out that the processor temp is gooood !! but I found only ONE problem .. I touched the heatsink metallic piece of the graphics card [ I think u know it ] I was shocked at how hot it was .. It almost burnt my finger like u put ur hands on a hot glass cup of tea !! I had a small case fan which i directed towards it and it did cool down !! and yeah Now the game is much better and I discovered another thing

I went into MOH the game and made a server and tried out something .. I threw about 4 smoke nades and looked at the FPS .. it was about 70 or something .. I went to a server containing 18 people and checked it out .. the same FPS 70 .. but I went to a server with 28 players .. it lagged and had a FPS of 10 .. So I think no. of players in the server makes a difference

please tell me a permenant solution to cool down the heatsink metal piece of the graphics card and tell me why I lag wen there are many players on the server !! :D thanx

Hmm... permanent solution would be to change to an aftermarket cooler. But if you're having trouble getting a graphics card that performs better than the 7300LE, you'd definately have trouble getting an aftermarket cooler.

Your other alternative would be to DIY a little, and add a fan somewhere on the side panel blowing onto the graphics card. That would solve your problem. Otherwise, have the side panel open, and blow a fan into it. Having just the side panel open without the fan will not help.

As for the server with 28 players, you'd need to upgrade your CPU. A faster CPU will solve that problem (I think).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back