Please help me with a wrt54g Linksys router!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello there, Im looking for help for seting up a pair of wrt54g routers with my laptop. So this is the problem:

I have a Laptop with wifi that I setup to obtain an IP and DNS automatically in the properties of the connection.

I have a wrt54g in my home and another wrt54g at my office, their gateways for Internet are: home: 192.168.1.1 and office: 192.168.148.17. My problem is that everytime that I move from my home to my office or viceversa I have to set up the default gateways of my laptop MANUALLY to 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.148.17, so I want to know what I have to do to change the default gateways on my laptop automatically without setting up manually.
Note.- I enabled DHCP in my routers, so the IPs are assigend automatically to the laptop.
Thanks in advance!!!

first let start with
both routers should be static at best set to 192.168.1.1 as default gateway
disable dhcp all connected machines on this lan should have the numbers start after last digit 1
IE:192.168.1.2 to 255 you can leave dynamic if thats what your provider needs a with dhcp disabled the router and connected machines will not change address's
you don't say how many machine are on each router but should not matter
they to routers are not connected by a cat 5e cable but your trying to connect via wan internet
you need to set up a vpn config
routers have to be able to do this or try link 1
link 2
client software I have not used it
the ip number you need is the isp wan address should see this in status of router
this is the address to connect to other machine

I'm not sure if this is possible, if there is no settings in the router menu, it probably isn't. I suppose it takes like 10seconds to do it manually so it probably isnt worth the trouble.

Good luck anyways,

Regards,

Korrupt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back