Please help...monitor isnt turning on, in standby mode

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok, my dilemna is this...
my monitor will not turn on. it has power, displays the orange standby mode light, is plugged in to the rage soundcard, into a amd athlon processor, whch worked 3 days ago. I recently added a new battery due to having a cmos.gpnv error message ... i also replaced the heatsink and the fan that is attached to it. it is flush and working properly. when the pc boots up, the keyboard lights up, the cd drive, and the cdrw drive light up, but the monitor does not come alive. ive tried unplugging and plugging the video card in, ive tried rebooting it, ive tried adding another monitor to check to see if the monitor is bad, but nothing. I can not get into my pc controls to check any bios settings that may be wrong, if thats the problem, because my monitor doesnt come alive... i have only 128mb of ram, but has worked fine all along.
i only have a few programs running on this pc, so its not loaded up, i need serious help with this one... :) i look forward to your replies.... thanks
stacey

Do you get a bios beep
do you get hard drive clicking like its loading
is it possable you droped a skrew in the computer and is shorting out the motherboard

when you say
staceyjames said:
it has power, displays the orange standby mode light, is plugged in to the rage soundcard,
what do you mean
thants all i can think of now

good luck

To all three of your questions...the answer is no to all. No bios beep, no hard drive clicking sound and no screw in the pc. Do you have any other advice to my problem? Thank you for your time.

Ever heard of question marks swker98?

Anyway you say this only happens when you bring your pc out of standby mode? Or does it happen since then so that you can't even turn the pc on?

Is this a desktop or laptop we are talking about because you mentioned a battery which sounds like laptop, but you also said that you fiddeled with the graphics card which suggests desktop?

I need the questions awnsered before I can give any more advice.

First of all, thank you for trying to help me.

When the pc is powered on, the monitor goes and stays in standby mode and the monitor doesn't activate at all. The monitor has a black screen but is on. This is a desktop. Monitor isn't giving any signal to the pc. Power supply is working good. CD drive hoots up. Keyboard lites up, fan is running, and heat sink. I have Windows xp Pro. Recently replaced the battery on the motherboard.The hard drive is a Maxtor athlon prosessor.

Hope this helps and you can help me.

Hmmm, try making sure the graphics card is secure.

If that does not work then try to use someone else's graphics card.

Try and use any onboard graphics you may have in other words stick the screen onto the port at the back of your pc where the graphics card is not. There should be two of them on the back, one on the card and the other among all the other ports.

Try using a different monitor. Borrow a friend's if you can.

That;s all I can think of for now. Sounds similar to my problem but mine usually comes out of standby after a couple of tries.

You replaced the motherboard battery? It could be that the bios
was reset when you did so. It could be trying to use intergrated
video.

Do you have another monitor plug on the back of your computer?
if so, try using that one.

How long after replacing the battery did this problem happen?

It's also possible that your using the wrong kind of battery or.. well
all kinds of things.

When EXACTLY did this problem start?

Monitor Issues...please Help

I took out my battery and put a new one in. The bios settings were reset, I plugged in my monitor into the on board plugin and the monitor still won't turn on. I plugged it into the video card and still won't turn on. Monitor is still in standby mode. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thank you for your time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back