PLEASE HELP!!! RADEON 9800 pro problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

rkelly85

hi. i have just upgraed from a geforce fx5200 to a radeon 9800 pro.

I have a pentium 4 3.gz
512mb ram
120 g hard drive

now i have just taken the fx200 out and put the radeon in. i also hooked up to the fan to my power supply.
when i go to play cs or cs source some of the textures turn bright pink and green and sometimes there is black lines coming off the gun??

i have directx9.0c and the latest catalyst drivers.

can someone please help me as its making me sad :(

Did you remove the driver and software for the old card before fitting the new one? If not, then that could be the reason for your problem.

You will probably need to boot into safe mode and remove all graphics drivers and software and start again.

thank you.
how do i uninstall the old drivers tho?
i right clicked on my computer - device manager and said to uninstall the nvidia 5200, then rebooted in safe mode and done it. (is that right?)

then i reinstalled the radeon 9800 pro and it was still having texture problems. it seemed worse before. massive cHunks of landscape missing in cs. Weird trippy colours and shapes :confused:

please help. it is much appreciated!

Uninstall graphics card drivers from the Add/Remove Programs, not the Device Manager.

ok sorry to sound a total ***** :stickout:

so i go to add remove programmes, completely remove anything there that resembles nvidia?

then turn off pc, take geforce card out, put radeon 9800 pro in.

hook the fan up to the power source.

turn on computer, install ati drivers as per normal yes?

thank you for helping me so far :)

Basically yes, but as far as completely removing anything that resembles nVidia, not necessarily. If your motherboard has an nVidia chipset, it will have nVidia drivers that you do not want to uninstall. You just want to remove the graphics driver.

ok qwell in my add/remiove programs i have the following:

NVIDIA Display Driver
NVIDIA Driver

Do i get rid of both of them then? :eek:

The Nvidia Driver is the motherboard chipset driver. Don't uninstall that one.

The Nvidia Display Driver is the graphics driver you want to uninstall.

hi people.

i done what u said and its still coming up with random brightly coloured alien type squares and weird boxes and stuff.

starting to make me go inane!!!

i the card fooked theN?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back