Please Help Very Important!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was going through my PC and i was cleaning all the dust and so forth off like i do every month and i put the side panel back on and tried turning it on and everything runs but the monitor wont get the signal so it just leaves me with the blinky green light instead of coming on.........what may b the problem?

thnx for your time reading this

A harshly suggestion (i think) do u using onboard vga? if u dont, get ur manual for ur mobo and read the manual throughtly about jumper, it may be off accidently

Lucan

i had somethin like this with my friends comp, everything turned on, fans, HDD, cd-rom etc but the monitor was continuesly in powersave mode (blinkin green light). we tried everything, even wondered if it was the processor??? we took the heat sink off but the clip snapped, then we had the idea of clearing the cmos. we did it then tried to hold the heatsink down ontop of the processor while we switched it on (bad move lol) we think it worked, cos we got something on the screen but then the processor fried. you could try this, well only the cmos part lol :D

How exactly did you "dust" it?

Make sure everything is still plugged in, especially the cpu fan. Perhaps static built up and killed it?

I'm wondering to. You should have an air duster (those compressed air cans) to dust the computer because static can build up and frie the motherboard.

I need to buy a air can, but for now I just blow it all off :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back