PLEASE HELP!! video card is disable, i need to re-enable it but i cannot see!

Status
Not open for further replies.

betaomega1990

ok i got this game and it wouldnt work it said it couldnt load opengl subsystem. well i put couldnt load opengl subsystem into google and see if i could find a remedy. and one said to go to properties>settings>advanced>adapter and then disable it. i did then i rebooted and it was a really tiny screen and i tryed to renable it but i could find how but i looked at the adapter thing again and it was something different, but it said alot of the stuff was unavailable and i disabled that and i tryed to exit settings and i accidently rebooted the computer with like, not graphics i guess.. so now im screwed.. i tryed pressing f8 at the boot thing and enable VGA mode but it didnt work so if you can help, PLEASE do! i really need my laptop for my JC

If you don't have a Bios ESCD reset then a CMOS (bios) reset via whatever your manual advises is next (sometimes a key press, others a jumper or battery removal).

With the PC off, you take out the battery to reset the CMOS to default settings (which should undo what you did) for a few minutes. After replacing the battery, restart the PC. Is this what you did?

i have done that,along with trying to hook up a desktop monitor to it. pressing the fn and CRT/LCD key and with the monitor. last good settings. safe mode gets stuck at STID.sys or something of the sort. blindly useing the keyboard to try and enable it. but all to no help. my brother is a computer tech or soemthing of the sort but he wants me to let him see it. it will be tomorrow at least before i can get to him to see it. it takes 30 min to get over there and i dont even know when hes home and half the time he never answers his phone calls. so yea this is the only way that can help me without having to go way over to his house

I forgot that this is a laptop. I'm not that knowledgeable about laptops. However, just to clarify, the CMOS battery is not the same as the laptop rechargeable battery. You removed the CMOS battery to reset, correct?

Yes, that is the CMOS battery. Taking it out will reset the BIOS.

The location of the CMOS battery and how to remove it will vary with different brands and models of laptops. If you state your brand and model, perhaps someone can guide you OR maybe you can find that specific information by googling.

thanks alot CCT i talked to a live dell chat represenative and he talked me through my problem, it seems i have to reinstall windows

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back