TechSpot

Point This Magical Scanner At Your Food And It Will Count The Calories

By Archean
Nov 2, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. bobcat

bobcat TechSpot Paladin Posts: 688   +67

Highly interesting, though
    While I have reservations about its accuracy, if and when it is marketed, I expect it will sell like...hot cakes.

2. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 12,551   +301

There has to be smartphone apps that scan barcodes and give you nutritional information right?

3. Archean

Archean TechSpot Paladin Topic Starter Posts: 6,053   +76

That can only work for 'processed' food, not home cooked stuff. Anyway, I am skeptical about how much useful this thing is. Beside, imagine pulling this out to check calories in food during a party or something .........

learninmypc and TheDreams like this.
  4. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 12,551   +301

For home cooked you'd just enter... Chicken 6oz. For other things you know your amount of each raw ingredient, which likely has a bar code. I just don't see how this is worth the price (although how is it so cheap anyway?).

5. BlckCat

BlckCat TS Rookie

The device feels like a scam. I agree, it probably will sell like hotcakes. All those calorie counting devices and apps are always popular

6. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TechSpot Paladin Posts: 6,000   +1,502

Forget about counting calories, smaller and fewer plates will work every time.

7. Archean

Archean TechSpot Paladin Topic Starter Posts: 6,053   +76

cliffordcooley
    It does, but unfortunately, not many can resist the temptation when it comes to good food. :mad:

cliffordcooley likes this.
  8. davislane1

davislane1 TS Guru Posts: 1,332   +491

Alternatively, exercise four days a week and forget about the calories altogether.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.