TechSpot

Police make arrest related to the Nigerian e-mail scam

By SNGX1275
Oct 30, 2003
  1. Most of us have been recipients of this or at least knows someone who has gotten it. Looks like police caught one of the dudes.
    Courtesy of The Austrailian.

Read More: Here

2. Godataloss

Godataloss TS Rookie Posts: 501

3. poertner_1274

poertner_1274 secroF laicepS topShceT Posts: 4,745

Yes I'm sure everything is going to be cracked down so far that the internet will be nonexistant after all this stuff is done. But at least then we won't have to worry about spam and all the nonsense that comes with it.

4. Phantasm66

Phantasm66 TS Rookie Posts: 6,504   +6

Hello, and good evening, please allow me to introduce myself, my name is Phantasm, and I am the financial guardian of a vast fortune belonging to the former dictator Saddam Hussain.

Due to the political situation surrounding the aforementioned Mr Hussain (a very wealthy man) he is unable to lodge his funds in any appropriate account.

I am writing to you to suggest a business venture, one that I feel you will find most profitable. In return for using your account to temporarily hold Mr Hussain's funds, he is willing to pay you the retainer of 10%, which equates in monetary terms to some $10,000,000. All you have to do is send your bank account details to me, and I will wire our banker in Switzerland, with absolutely no inconvenience to yourself.

Please get in touch with me, via the above e-mail address, with your bank account details as soon as possible, and I will make the transfer.

You will soon be a very rich person!

Best wishes,
    Phantasm.

5. vassil3427

vassil3427 TS Rookie Posts: 822

That sounds exactly like one of those cheap emails...great job Phat....hehe

6. Phantasm66

Only took me 3 minutes!

7. MrGaribaldi

MrGaribaldi TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 2,802

LOL!
    Well, just watch it so the police don't come knocking on your door... I don't want them to find out about my affiliation to your scams...

Ooops, did I say that out loud? :blush:
    ;) :D

8. poertner_1274

poertner_1274 secroF laicepS topShceT Posts: 4,745

L :haha: L

9. Phantasm66

Heheh yeah, exactly - who should we really be locking up, the people who started this scam, or the people who fell for it?

10. Nic

Nic TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,928

I say lock them up together in the same cell. :D

11. ---agissi---

---agissi--- TechSpot Paladin Posts: 2,384   +15

The people who started it.. the people who hell for it are just stupid - they didnt commit any fraud activitys.

12. vassil3427

vassil3427 TS Rookie Posts: 822

I say the people that fell for it, for the utmost stupidity they showed....

13. Tarkus

Tarkus TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 837

I hope they let her go. I've almost finalized the deal. I'll be getting 10% of the 30 million dollars for letting her use my account. :D

14. Didou

Didou Bowtie extraordinair! Posts: 5,899

This is the 1st one that I have recieved in French.:p

15. Nic

Nic TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,928

Is their French as good as their English?

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.